Re: [Easytag-mailing] Album Artist

Hi Kip

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 12:29:47PM -0800, Kip Warner wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-01-03 at 14:45 +0000, Mark Ferry wrote:
> > Ping!
> >
> > Kip, you alive?
> > When you have a chance would you pull my albumartist patch for ogg and flac please?
> >
> > git pull git://github.com/markferry/easytag.git albumartist
> >
> > Thanks,
> >   Mark
>
> Hey Mark. Yo, I'm alive! I pulled and merged your patch successfully to
> my local copy. So how do I "commit" that to the SourceForge repository
> for everyone? Sorry, I'm a bzr guy.

tl;dr:  git push origin master

If you've merged the patch to your local master then you probably just
need to:
    git push origin master

where 'origin' is the shortcut name for the easytag remote repo.

    git remote -v
will show you what remotes you have configured.
Mine shows two, the easytag repo and my own github repo:

gnome@nixie:~/src/easytag$ git remote -v
github  git github com:markferry/easytag.git (fetch)
github  git github com:markferry/easytag.git (push)
origin  git://easytag.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/easytag/easytag (fetch)
origin  git://easytag.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/easytag/easytag (push)

If, as many git maintainers do, you've pulled patches to a topic branch
for integration testing, you'd want to first merge that topic branch to
master before pushing.

Thanks,
    Mark