[Easytag-mailing] Some questions about ogg comments

Hello list

I am trying to edit vorbis tags/comments for the first time, and for the
first time i am trying out easytag. Earlier i used to use mp3tag under
wine, but now i want a native (linux) program.

I am using easytag-git and it tagged my mp3s fine. I especially
appreciated the album artist field, which was missing in the stable
version of easytag.

Now about ogg vorbis files. Firstly i would like to know for album art,
why isn't METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE being used, and COVERART used instead?

see: http://wiki.xiph.org/VorbisComment#Cover_art

And secondly, Why doesn't the album artist field have any effect on ogg vorbis
files? I would really love an ALBUMARTIST comment field for ogg files, and I am
sure many others would too.

Can someone please clarify.

Thanks