Re: [Easytag-mailing] v2.1.6:

Robert <rbjcro gmail com> [Sat, 28 May 2011 22:34:24 +0000]

> The album title has the substring " - " (space, hyphen, space) and this
> apparently makes EasyTag create two album tags

:-) I ran into this problem years ago after upgrading from 2.1.5 to 2.1.6
and used the older version until recently because of that problem, which
is also documented here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2116872&group_id=5216&atid=105216

If you are able to recompile the package there is a solution:

Chris Savery <chrissavery gmail com> [Fri, 28 May 2010 19:14:11 +0700]
[...]
> In file ogg_tag.c ( and flac_tag.c ) there is a define for
> MULTIFIELD_SEPARATOR near the top set to "-".
>
> You could try changing this to something like ";" (semi colon, a less
> common title character) and see if you get the behaviour you want.

This works (I used "#").

I recommend the GIT version which includes some additional fixes:
https://github.com/stsquad/easytag