[Easytag-mailing] Problem with asian character in filename

I have a german windows XP prof and am trying to change the tags of some flac files. If these have japanese characters in their filename, EasyTAG won't display those files at all, it shows files that only have ascii chars in them, since it works when I remove the jap. characters. However if I select one of those flac files and it has jap. characters in the tags, it displays them correctly. I thought it would work if I changed the locale of the program to "ja", but it still doesnt show the files with jap. chars in them. I also tried the beta, but to no avail. Anything I can do to make it work?

I can see the files just fine in the explorer and also play them in Winamp, so that shouldn't be a problem.