[Easytag-mailing] ET problems

Hello,

I have about 700 gigs of music with about 30% of it untagged. I've
been testing various tagging tools, and Easytag seems to be the
best option.

Unfortunately it has some really major problems:

 - Tagging is SLOW. I have the music on sftp/fuse mounted
share, which works pretty fast (i can watch live video etc from it).
For easytag it takes 5-10 seconds to write each tag. Does ET read & write the WHOLE file or what could cause it?
Even for local files it takes about 2-3 seconds for each file.
It can take HOURS to write tags to a large directory.

 - UI is frozen while ET is writing tags. Any heavy processing
should not be done in gtk's UI thread. This is not a showstopper
bug though.

I've tested easytag 2.1.4 and 2.1.6.

--
Ville Ranki <ville ranki iki fi>