[Easytag-mailing] some files have been modified but not saved....no they haven't.

Hi.

I've just installed EasyTag 2.1.5 onto Ubuntu 8.10 (although this
problem existed in 8.4.1), 32 bit edition.

Every time I select a folder to edit the mp3 files of (except for the
first one), I get the message:

some files have been modified but not saved
do you want to change them before changing the directory.

and the files are all red.  But I've changed nothing.  So I thought -
perhaps there's some default setting, but I've gone through the
preferences and disabled anything which looks like it automatically
changes things (ie getting rid of bad characters) but I've done that
now (I'll have to undo it at some point!) but it's made no difference.
 I have a lot of folders I want to sort out, and EasyTag looks great,
but this is driving me mad! What is it changing behind my back?  I've
had a google and checkout out this and the Nabble forums and even a
youtube video but it seems getting a red folder full of files is
something which doesn't happen to anyone else.  This happens whether
files are on ntfs or ext3 partitions, in case that's relevant.

Cheers in advance for any help here!