[Easytag-mailing] 4 suggestions for easytag

Hope this is a good place to come up with a few suggestions of new features for Easytag.

First, Easytag is in my experience the best mp3 tagging software out there, including commercial programs.

However, it can allways get better ☺ Foursuggestions from me:

1. I spend a lot of time waiting for an album to be saved before I can work on the next one. I think it would be great if the saving process would stay in a queue that saved files in the background while I was tagging new albums. Many people tag files over the network and I can’t believe I’m the only one that would love this feature.

2. I just figured that sometimes, it’s better to fill out i.e tracknames manually, and not use the ”fill tag” – feature. Let’s say that this is a mp3 file in an album: 01 – Prodigy - Their Law.mp3, and it misses the TITLE. When I start to type ”Their Law” in the TITLE field it would suggest it based on parts of the filename. The same if I manually start typing ”Prodigy” in the ARTIST field, it would suggest that. Just like moderen browsers do. Not a big deal, but maybe a thought?

3. ”Pictures” is now placed in a separate tab together with ”Common”. For most people/resolutions there are plenty of space below the Common area. At least for me, it would be much better to have the picture area below ”common” so I can see both at the same time. If an album is missing a picture, I’ll see it right away without clicking the ”Picture” tab. At least it should be possible to configure it that way.

4. I have a 1920x1200 resolution screen, and even then I get to little width-space. After the middle part of the screen now displays id3 information instead of just filenames (a nice new feature btw) I have to scroll a lot to see it all. It’s not necessarely a better thing to the file structure area (Tree) below/over the middle area, but it should maybe be possible to align it that way.

Best regards
Frode Slettum