Re: [Easytag-mailing] edit custom tags

Hi Marco

Marco Jackel wrote:
I would go one step further. I would be great to edit every tag you want
and define your own tags. For example this is possible in mp3tag
(http://www.mp3tag.de).

Are there any plans to implement this feature? I'm using a few custom tags,
that I cannot edit with easytag (track-replaygain, album-replaygain,
musicmaic-data, musicmagic-fingerprint, Album-Artist (tpe2),
itunes-compilation).

This has been brought up before.

Quick answers for you:
Supported tags are hardcoded so it would take a *major* rework of the
code to support ad-hoc tag editing

I don't believe there are plans to do it.

When, occasionally, I've wanted to edit custom tags I've used Ex Falso
(Quod Libet's tag editor).

ciao
  Mark