Re: [Easytag-mailing] problem renaming batch files

On 6 Mar 2007, at 11:33, Doruk Fisek wrote:

Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:23:30 +0000, Evan Ward <etw24 cam ac uk> :

I'm running version 1.99.12 on Debian GNU/Linux (from the Etch
repository). It works great, but if I try to run Rename file or
directory on any file, and its name would not change (that is, if it
fits the naming convention), the program decides it should be renamed
to its current name, then spits out an error saying the file already
exists. This makes it impossible to do large batch renames, or scan
an entire library to rename the tracks that don't fit the current
naming convention.
If the filesystem the files are in is vfat, vfat is case-insensitive;
that could be what's causing the problem.

Easytag is probably lowercasing the extensions of the files
(pre-defined behavior).

No, it's on an ext3 volume. The error message says something close to, "Cannot rename file 'Feel the Pain.mp3': file 'Feel the Pain.mp3' already exists.

I think the issue is with the scanner, but I could be wrong. It seems to always change the selected file names, whether or not they need to be changed.

I'll try later tonight if applying the same filter twice in a row has the same effect.

Evan