Re: [Easytag-mailing] flac comment problem

Doruk Fisek wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am using Easytag 2.1 with Flac 1.1.2. I can't see the comment tags
> of some (I'm not sure all) flacs with Easytag.
>
>  On a sample file Easytag says there's no comment, metaflac --list
> reports :
>
> METADATA block #2
>   type: 4 (VORBIS_COMMENT)
>   is last: false
>   length: 205
>   vendor string: reference libFLAC 1.1.4 20070213
>   comments: 8
>     comment[0]: TITLE=Sunrise
>     comment[1]: ARTIST=Jon Lord
>     comment[2]: ALBUM=Pictured Within
>     comment[3]: DATE=1998
>     comment[4]: TRACKNUMBER=01
>     comment[5]: TRACKTOTAL=12
>     comment[6]: DISCID=B111830C
>     comment[7]: COMMENT=EAC v0.95b3 Flac 1.1.4 -8
>
>  I can provide the file if necessary (it'd be a long upload though).
>
>                    Doruk

I don't actually use EasyTag anymore, so I can't check this. However
just try and save a comment via EasyTag and then do metaflac --list on
the file.
I've seen some programs which save comments as the 'COMMENT' tag and
some which save it as 'DESCRIPTION' -- that might be what's happening
here :)

Cheers,
-ol