[Easytag-mailing] Stability issues with ET 2.0 (Win32) + slowliness

Hi

I’ve got some stability issues with a somewhat large collection (8000+) of MP3s. Sometimes when updating something like 100+ files in a row, the program crashes in the middle of the changes. It seems like random; I can't reproduce it since it already began making modifications. It happened at least 4 times here. No .XXXXX file remains so the bug is probably in the data processing and not in the file processing (id3tag for instance). I can make a memory dump but since it probably doesn't have any debug info, it wouldn't help much.

Also, when selecting the whole library, the program is really unresponsive to any change. Even 1000 files make it relatively unresponsive (AMD 3200+; 2 Gigs RAM; W2K3 x64). Memory doesn't seem to be an issue here, only the type of container (i.e. linked list), because the program never takes more than 50 Megs of RAM. Maybe with the profiling tool gprof, it'd be possible to find what could be improved. I can't build the project here because I lack the tool and the time to do this (I'm a VS2005 user, sorry).

I think the crash is more important to fix that the slowliness (I can always buy a faster computer or select less files) but both combined have already made me loose many changes.

Nevertheless, the software is really helpful, thanks!

M-A