[Easytag-mailing] sort list by property --> creation date

Hi all,

First, I have to say: Easytag is a great program and it keeps getting
better. Thanks to Jérôme et al for all the good work.

There is something about sorting by date which is confusing me. Using
Grip, I have ripped a three-CD opera recording into a single
directory, which now contains 71 audio files. My next step would be to
sort by creation date (ascending) and then recalculate the track
numbers so they run from 1 to 71.

However, I notice that after I sort by date, they are out of sequence.
The tracks from the first CD are ordered between the second and the
third.

Ok, there may be an explanation for this. After I ripped the second
CD, I noticed there was a typo in the title of first CD, and the
output files were written to a different directory by Grip. So I
copied them to the correct directory with cp -p. Then I ripped the
third.

So now Easytag sorts them out of sequence. Yet if I go to a terminal
window and type "ls -lrt", which sorts the 71 files by time, they are
in correct sequence.

Is Easytag using a different time-stamp criteria, such as  "Last
access", for sorting? Why the discrepancy with the bash shell?
Obviously, I prefer the way the shell sorts things. ;)

--
 Colin Brace
 Amsterdam