Re: [Easytag-mailing] EasyTAG to taglib

I'm not an EasyTAG developer, but I'll put a word in here (I've used
both libraries). The two are very different, so it wouldn't be a
trivial migration. The biggest issue is that TagLib does not support
writing ID3v2.3, only v2.4, and the author has no intention of ever
supporting writing v2.3 tags. And while v2.3 may be an old standard,
it's also the most widely supported one. (To be fair, id3lib doesn't
support v2.4 for either reading or writing, and since it's not being
updated that's also unlikely to change).

I'd really like to see a decent C++ library that supports both v2.3
and v2.4, but none has emerged. And given how many things either don't
support v2.4 (Windows XP, most versions of WinAmp, lame) or have very
buggy support (iTunes) I don't see much point in moving to it.

Tom Sorensen