[Easytag-mailing] easytag not displaying mp3 tags

Hi all,

I have been encountering a perplexing problem wtih easytag over the
past couple of weeks: it is not recognizing the tags of mp3 files. (It
sees the tags of flac and ogg files without problem.) I know the tags
are there, since when I play an mp3 file in amarok it displays the tag
information correctly.

I am seeing this behaviour both under Unbuntu (Dapper) and Fedora Core 5.

FC5 rpms (both installed in mid-March):
easytag-1.99.12-1.fc5
libid3tag-0.15.1b

Ubuntu debs (both installed at the beginning of June):
easytag-1.99.11-1
libid3tag-0.15.1b-8

Something seems to have changed on both my systems. But what?

--
 Colin Brace
 Amsterdam