Re: [Easytag-mailing] Using easytag to convert ID3 tags to utf8.

Hi Daniel,

You can activate the checkbox (in tab "Tag setting" in the preference window) "Use this character set translation" and set "convert from UTF-8 to UTF-8).

As id3lib uses only ID3v2.3 specifications (not v2.4 with UTF-8), if you save yours files with the previous option activated (files saved to UTF-8), you may encounter problems... Indeed, in the tag, the field will be written using UTF-8 and the flag for this field will be marked as ISO-8859-1...

So make some tests with 1 or 2 files before...

Regards,
Jerome