Re: [Easytag-mailing] Desktop integration

Sounds like a good idea, however I would keep it as some sort of plugin system. Because some users would only maybe use a simple shell script to rip their mp3s/oggs while others would indeed require something fancy.

Philip Van Hoof wrote:

Hi there,

I've used easytag lots of times and have found it one of the fastest
ways to post-edit tags and filenames of MP3's I've ripped and encoded
for backup purposes.

It is, however, a tool that requires the knowledge of another tool that
will do the ripping. Like Grip or Goobox.

Novice users, which is the target audience of GNOME 2.x, wont have that
knowledge.

As a developer myself I'm interested in helping you integrate Easytag
with other such applications.

Integration of Grip and/or Goobox and Easytag. Or bringing together both
features.
I don't think it should become a huge player or have a set of features
like iTunes has. IMHO that would bloat the application indeed. But the
extracting of music, encoding and then editing it's tags is a set of
tasks that are bound to each other.

Thoughts?