[Easytag-mailing] Silent MP3s after editing many files at once

I had a directory of about 30 freshly ripped albums, and pulled them
all into EasyTAG and did a lot of editing, retagging and/or renaming
just about every file. Now, all the files I edited (as far as I've
checked) are silent.  They still read as having their original length,
and the timer advances normally while playing, but no sound comes
out. Files ripped the same way that I haven't run through EasyTAG are
fine, as are ones I edited with EasyTAG previous to this. (The one
difference I can think of is that I hadn't before worked on this many
files at once).

Needless to say, I'm a bit distressed at this, as I really don't want
to have to go back and re-rip those 30 albums. Has anyone else seen
this happen, and is there a way to fix the files? (Or, is there a tool
that will let me view and/or correct the structure of the MP3 files?)

--
-Chip Olson | ceo thsi org | "And the sands will roll out a carpet of
gold / For your weary toes to be a-touchin' / And the ship's wise men