[Easytag-mailing] Using easytag to convert ID3 tags to utf8.

I had the same problem as
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=6398638&forum_id=6485
. I have some files where the tags are S-JIS encoded, and I want to
convert them to UTF-8, but I can't get easytag to do it. If i select
shift-jis in "Convert character set from:" and UTF-8 in "to:", the
tags are read correctly into the gui, but when i save they get saved
as S-JIS again so nothing happens. I tried changing a letter to get it
to really save but it saves as S-JIS.
What solved the problem was selecting S-JIS in "from:", reading the
files into the gui, then going _back_ to the preferences and change
"from:" back to UTF-8 (and keeping "to:" at UTF-8) and then saving the
files. There really should be a better way of doing this though.

Please keep me cc'd on replies as i'm not on the list.
--
Mikael Magnusson