Re: [Easytag-mailing] Ability to add folder paths to renaming masks

Hi Andrew,

At the present time, you can only rename the filename and not the directory. It's why it displays "Invalid mask"

Regards,
Jerome

Andrew Conkling wrote:

Hi all,
This being my first message on the mailing list, I'll just say hello and
thanks to all who have worked to make a very good program.  It's
definitely better than the proprietary software Dr. Tag which I used for
quite a while in Windows.

Anyway, I had a question.  I've been using 0.30d for a while now (the
one available for Mandrake 10.0 on the contrib mirror) with much
success; I've slowly been archiving my classical CD collection on my
computer.  However, I've had an idea which doesn't seem to work.  Right
now, my regular mask for renaming files is as follows:

%a - %t (%c; %y)
(where the comment field is reserved for the orchestra/performers of a
piece)

However, I like my folder paths to follow a format, so I thought I'd
change the mask to be as follows:

/music/%a/%b (%c; %y)/%a - %t (%c; %y)

so that I can edit any files that are not in a correctly-formatted
folder.  (In the past, I've just edited the folder names manually to fit
the format above.)  When I tried this, the scanner said it was an
invalid mask and they were just renamed with -music-%a-%b (%c; %y)-%a -

Is there any way to get this method to work?

Thanks in advance (and sorry for such a long msg ;),
Andrew