Re: [Easytag-mailing] copying on save

Thanks for the update, I am seeing the same behavior under FreeBSD-5.0-CURRENT

 7:53:19pm  wahoo(1): ls -i
2253838 .
2047494 ..
2253877 Alices.Restaurant.Massacree.mp3
2253877 Arlo.Guthrie-Alices.Restaurant-01-Alices.Restaurant.Massacree.mp3
2253901 typescript
 7:53:26pm  wahoo(2): easytag
Starting EasyTAG 0.15 ...
Currently using id3lib version 3.7.13 ...
Added to undo list: Alices.Restaurant.Massacree.mp3
Added to undo list: Alices.Restaurant.Massacree.mp3
Written tag of 'Alices.Restaurant.Massacree.mp3'
EasyTAG: Normal exit.
 7:54:17pm  wahoo(3): ls -i
2253838 .
2047494 ..
2253900 Alices.Restaurant.Massacree.mp3
2253877 Arlo.Guthrie-Alices.Restaurant-01-Alices.Restaurant.Massacree.mp3
2253901 typescript
 7:54:21pm  wahoo(4):

john wrote:

Hi Jérôme,

I've tried to reproduce your problem with hard links to some files, but all
seem to work correctly: the both file are update.

I tested further and yes, both files get updated, but the problem remains.
See yourself:

-- test start

I'm starting with an file called "id3test.mp3". It's owned by the user
doing all the work.

$ ln id3test.mp3 id3test-2.mp3
$ ls -i

  14149 id3test-2.mp3    14149 id3test.mp3

Now i edit id3test.mp3 with easytag and save the new info. I check the
result with easytag and mp3info and both files show up the new id3
info. Good.

But now:

$ ls -i

  14149 id3test-2.mp3    14093 id3test.mp3

And the link counter on both files changed from 2 to 1. Any further
editing of one of the files does consequently only change the data of
one file.

-- test emd

So, I have to correct my last bug report: Editing a hard linked file
does change every version of it. But this breaks the hard link and
duplicates the file. Then further editing does not work as
desired. (Despite the fact, that my hard disk run out of space...)
When I wrote my last message I might have looked at a file, that I
edited more than once.

Sorry for the inaccurancy and for causing confusion.

At the present time, I don't know exactly what causes your problem, so
please can you give more informations (file permissions, schemes, ...)

easytag 0.15 id3lib 3.8.0

cu,
john

jim
--
         ET has one helluva sense of humor!
    He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!