Re: [Easytag-mailing] Re: Ogg extension

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:53:36 +0100
Thorsten Gunkel <tgunkel_lists gmx de> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 09:55:07AM +0100, Jérôme COUDERC wrote:
> > Hum hum... you can't do this... cause mp3 and ogg files have different
> > formats and manage tag on a different way. To create an ogg file, you must
> > use an special encoder as 'oggenc'. I don't know if a program exists to
> > convert mp3 to ogg format, so compress your wav files directly to ogg
> > format.

I know that i can't make ogg from mp3. But the files i use are vorbis files, made with oggenc and grip. But Grip add's a extension to the file that you have to fill in manualy. So if i forget to change the extesnion. Ex. %1-%2.mp3 and i use oggenc to encode i get i file name "Artist-Album.mp3" But it is a normal Vorbis files with a wrong extension. So i want to rename the extension to Artist-Album.ogg.

When i open a Artis-Album.mp3 in EasyTag it shows all the information, if i rename the file to Artist-Album.ogg all the information disapears. If i open the file Artist-Album.ogg in XMMS all the information is showed. And is played as a Vorbis file...

François