Drivel crash on Arch Linux x86_64

Hello all,

I have recently faced a problem with running drivel 3.0.0.5 on Arch Linux:
on trying to log in to blogger.com service (either blogger 1.0 or Atom/Blogger 2.0) the application crashes with floating point exception.

I have posted a bug report to Arch Linux bug-tracker:

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19070

Here is the quotation of bug report:

"

On trying to log in to blogger.com service (either blogger 1.0 or Atom/Blogger 2.0) the application crashes with floating point exception.

Additional info:
* package version(s)
$ pacman -Qi drivel
Name : drivel
Version : 3.0.0-5
Licenses : GPL
Groups : None
Provides : None
Depends On : curl gtksourceview2 gtkspell libgnomeui>=2.0.0 libsoup
Optional Deps : None
Required By : None
Conflicts With : None
Replaces : None
Installed Size : 1328.00 K
Packager : Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s+arch gmail com>
Architecture : x86_64
Build Date : Thu 05 Nov 2009 05:26:24 PM MSK
Install Date : Tue 13 Apr 2010 09:57:56 AM MSD
Install Reason : Explicitly installed
Install Script : Yes
Description : GTK client for working with online journals (blogs).

* config and/or log files etc.
Two log files (output of -v option) and core dumps attached

Steps to reproduce:

1) Launch drivel.
2) Type in username and password
3) Select "Blogger 1.0" or "Atom/Blogger 2.0" in "Journal type" field.
4) Click "Log in"

Application crashes with floating point exception. The following appears in dmesg:

drivel[7808] trap divide error ip:42d471 sp:7fff277929a0 error:0 in drivel[400000+3d000]

Note: when selecting "Blogger 1.0" it is possible to either enter valid or invalid login/pass - the crash occurs in both cases. When entering invalid credentials for Blogger 2.0 the message about invalid login appears but nothing crashes, with valid login/pass it crashes.

System info: list of currently installed packages attached."

However package maintainer didn't manage even to launch Drivel on his system. Here is his reply:

" On my machine it even does not start

Starting program: /usr/bin/drivel

0xb7eb9de9 in soup_uri_set_port () from /usr/lib/libsoup-2.4.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0 0xb7eb9de9 in soup_uri_set_port () from /usr/lib/libsoup-2.4.so.1
#1 0x0807486e in net_start_session ()
#2 0x08073088 in main ()

I think you should report to upstream
PS. PKGBUILD is clear. Rebuilding does not help.
"

I didn't find any drivel bug tracker and decided to send a message to this list.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you.

Finally, eMail with personality! Get a credible personal, professional or business eMail address YourName eBanat com from http//www.MailBonanza.com