Re: Development Ideas

> 1) Panel Applet - It would rock to have an applet in the GNOME Panel
> that would handle the authentication stuff for Drivel.  When a user
> clicks on it, up pops an editing window, instantly ready to go.

This would great!  Much better than leaving Drivel running constantly
like I currently do.

>  4) Security Group Selection - LiveJournal allows a user to select
> multiple security groups for each entry, but Drivel's UI only allows
> one.  If this could be fixed without resorting to a pop-up window UI,
> that would be sweet.  I'm not sure if GTK+ supports check-boxs in
> GtkComboBoxes, but that makes the most sense to me.

Perhaps it could be set up like on the LiveJournal web interface.
Selecting "Custom" would make checkboxes for the security groups
available somehow, wtihout a popup.  Though, I don't know how either
of the ideas would scale.  What if someone has 10+ groups?  The UI
could get crowded pretty quickly.

Also, LiveJournal is currently expanding their new tag system.  I can
see wanting be able to select form existing tags instead of typing
them in my hand.  Fitting tags into the UI without crowding could be
an interesting puzzle.

jess