Re: dogtail Dogtail support for TCL / TK applications

Hi Sunil,

I really don't know whether Tcl / Tk has some support for accessibility technologies, simple Google
search didn't find much.

There is a toolkit called Sikuli you could check out. It doesn't have any requirements on the GUI toolkit
as it is based purely on sort of heuristic pattern and OCR recognition. Based on my experience with it,
it can be useful for some GUI testing tasks.

As I have no direct experience with Tcl / Tk, I cannot recommend you anything specific for this toolkit.
However over at http://www.tcl.tk/about/uses.html is stated that Tcl comes with "tcltest" framework,
which allows Tcl to test itself, so perhaps you can use the also for Tk somehow.

I hope you can finally manage to test your app in ways you wanted.
Cheers,
Vita.

Hi Vita,
Thanks for your valuable inputs.

It would be a great if you have any inputs on the below queries.
1. Is there any option to enable a11y support for tcl without using python module ? Because there is not much control to change that application into otherthan tcl
2. Do you have any suggestions on automation tools for tcl tk applications ?

Thanks,
Sunil