Re: dogtail Dogtail 0.8.0 beta1 : grabFocus and doAction

Hi Manish,

For the doAction issue, you can just rename the function call to 'doActionNamed' - this is actually the only script API change from 0.7.0 in the GNOME3 port, I should document it on dogtail home.

We haven't been aware about any problems with grabFocus, thus thanks to bringing it to us, I will investigate what is going wrong in 0.8.0. Meanwhile perhaps you could bypass using grabFocus by working with the objects in the target widget directly, using the tree.Node module instead of procedural. We have been focusing more on the object oriented script writing than on procedural recently which is why this problem didn't get noticed yet.

If you need any help with this, either with dogtail or script-writing,  please feel free to ask me on-list, by email or IRC (e.g. fedora-desktop @ freenode).

--
Vita Humpa
Desktop QE @ Red Hat

Hi,

We have been trying to port our automation test cases for Fedora16 and we are consistently facing issue with grabFocus no longer working and giving Max Recursion Depth exception. Also doAction(‘expand’) is no longer available and raises TypeError: “must be a number, not str”. Any ideas or workarounds?

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.