Re: dogtail -devel Dogtail 0.7.0 Released

Hi, Zack,

I am using dogtail to do GUI automated testing on OpenSolaris,
and very happy to see it is updated with the new atspi, as my testing
was blocking for quite something, and even think about to move to LDTP.

So as moving on, can we make some improvements to let us be updated
with status and progress, include:

1. Status update, like when incompatibility happens if GNOME and ATSPI
changed
2. Progress of current development
 I can get some info from timeline:
  https://fedorahosted.org/dogtail/timeline
3. Future plan, like
  - Schedule for next major release
  - How often it is updated? Is it on a regular basis?
  - Any plan to support new features or new updates in the future?

I would recommend that dogtail is very good harness for Gnome GUI testing,
so what I'd to like to see is to make it more confident for test engineers to use it.

Great Thanks
Jeffrey

于 2009/10/9 3:56, Zack Cerza 写道:
Hello all,

I'm happy to announce a long-overdue release of Dogtail - 0.7.0. Here
are some of the major changes in this release:

* Dogtail has been ported to pyatspi. This means:
     - Faster performance.
     - Errors will be more clear.
     - No more segfaulting or myserious crashes.

* There is now useful generated API documentation:
     http://fedorapeople.org/~zmc/dogtail/epydoc/

* Inline documentation has been greatly improved.

* Headless execution support was completely rewritten.

* Sniff was completely rewritten. It is now:
     - Faster.
     - More reliable.
     - Self-updating via AT-SPI events.
     - Slightly prettier.
     - Able to tell you about certain states and relations.

* Image Comparison (TCImage) was rewritten. No more ImageMagick!

Note: tests/Node.py's TestNodeAttributes is failing due to GNOME bugs
#498557 and #498563

Website: http://fedorahosted.org/dogtail/
Tarball: http://fedorahosted.org/released/dogtail/dogtail-0.7.0.tar.gz

Thanks and Enjoy,