Re: dogtail How to add delay between events ?

Gautam Ravi wrote:
Hi all,

I am using dogtail to demonstrate my GUI application. I have a python script written for that.

All I want to do is to add delay between two events.

I know it is something to do with sleep(). Can any one tell me the exact way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Out of curiosity, between what two events are you needing a delay?

The best way to do it is:
from dogtail.utils import doDelay

[code and stuff]
doDelay(x) # where x is the delay in seconds.

The advantage of doDelay() is that if you do:

from dogtail.config import config
config.debugSleep = True

then your delays will show up in the debug log. Also, there is a default global delay that is defined as config.defaultDelay, which doDelay() will use if you don't pass it an explicit delay.

I hope I used the word 'delay' enough in that paragraph ;)

Zack