Re: dogtail epiphany problems

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 14:14 -0500, BTeeter decare com wrote:

> I am trying to use epiphany with dogtail.  I have set my DISPLAY to my
> windows PC running cygwin X/win.  All I get are errors from this.
> The reason for doing this is so that more than 1 QA tester can use the
> box for dogtail testing  of web applications.  Any suggestions..

My experience of using Dogtail to test web apps is based on Epiphany on
Fedora Code, on versions 4, 5 and 6 of FC, if I remember.

I don't have any experience of trying Dogtail on Cygwin: you may be the
first to try this configuration.

Dogtail is layered on top of AT-SPI, so you will only be able to use
Dogtail meaningfully if AT-SPI is working and exposing meaningful
metadata about the GUI.  For web testing, you'll only get good results
if the DOM tree of the website is exposed via AT-SPI.

Have you managed to get the "sniff" application (part of Dogtail)
running?  This is a good tool for debugging AT-SPI.  What results do you
get?

What specific errors are occurring?

Hope this helps
Dave