From: ext Anand Subramanian [mailto:anand harihara gmail com]
Sent: 23 November, 2007 15:08
To: dogtail-devel-list gnome org
Cc: Domokos Attila (Nokia-M/Helsinki)
Subject: rocknrole - extending dogtail tree api approach

Greetings.

We have been using dogtail in Nokia for automating testing of hildon-widgets and some hildon-applications.

We decided to extend the approach of using the tree APIs (did not focus much on the procedural-way).
What started as writing wrappers for individual applications and helper-functions took a different turn as we moved along.

A small class was developed to hold a dogtail node and all the nodes under it as attributes and some search utilities were written.
After some syntactic-sugar-sprinkling, to aid faster development and easier maintenance, we had the class RNR (rocknrole - as it works on rolenames).

A few methods have been added to be used with unittest  - some to check states and another to help compare screenshots of nodes, the last is an extension of utils.screenshots function from dogtail.

Look up http://hildon-test-aut.garage.maemo.org/ for documentation, source and some examples.

If many people find it useful, please feel free to include it as part of the dogtail package.

Any feedback, suggestions and dogtail t-shirts are greatly appreciated :)

Best Regards,
Anand