Re: dogtail-devel Determine if a gui component is selectable

Anand Subramanian wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   We use the following bit of code, seems to work fine - please do mail back if you face any problems.
>
> It has some extra code just to print out the state-names and not just numbers off the node's stateSet.
>
> It returns a tuple because we re-use it to print out the message in the unittest framework that we have.
>
> Please find below the code, testcode and output.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Anand

Hi Anand,

I played with this code a bit and the general principle is useful, but
it doesn't address the case I presented where we want to know if a gui
component is present, but it is currently not open or visible. The code
you sent requires a 'node' object for each component to check, but you
cannot have a node object for an component that isn't created yet, for
example.

- Cole

--
Cole Robinson