Re: dogtail-devel Question on dogtail and kpdf

On Jul 31, 2006, at 2:41 PM, David Malcolm wrote:

On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 09:59 -0400, indhu krishna sivaramakrishnan wrote:
Hi,

I am a graduate student trying to use dogtail as a GUI benchmarking
tool.
Excellent!

Bear in mind when doing timing tests that dogtail automatically adds
delays in order to avoid race conditions.  There's some discussion of
this in Len's article here:
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/021jul06/features/dogtail/
(see "searchBackoffDuration", "debugSleep" and "actionDelay", for
instance). This is configurable, so you should be able to eliminate it
for your purposes.

I tried out the example python script with gedit and it works fine.
But when I try to run it for kpdf, it does not work. Is there a
different class for kpdf?
Unfortunately, I believe Qt does not yet support ATK, and thus will be
invisible to tools such as Dogtail.  I believe there are plans to fix
this in Qt v4, but I've no idea right now how far advanced these are, or
if they're still planned.  If anyone has more information on this,
please let the list know.  Alternatively, perhaps Qt's accessibility
infrastructure has advanced; maybe we can rig something up if it has
Python bindings?

Qt4 has full ATK support, but I haven't tested any Qt4 applications with Dogtail at this point. It should work, but KDE3 (and, thus, Qt3) applications will not work with Dogtail.