Re: Documentation for build system setup

On 9 February 2017 at 13:57, Sebastian Geiger (Lanoxx) <lanoxx gmx net> wrote:
What confuses me is that this paragraph starts with the phrase "it does
not need any modifications made".

It does not need any modifications made, unless you need to run
another tool before configure, or do not use one of glib-gettextize,
gtkdocize or intltoolize. (Note that you should not use both
glib-gettextize and intltoolize in the same module, and it is better
to use neither; see the FAQ entry below for details.)

It might be more helpful to provide a autogen.sh listing that omits both
glib-gettextize and intltoolize and then add a paragraph explaining to
add these for project that use either of these tools. If I understand
right both a deprecated anyway and should not be needed for
state-of-the-art projects.

Maybe write something like this:

If you are still using the deprecated glib-gettextize, then add the following line immediately before
autoreconf:

    glib-gettextize --force --copy || exit 1

If you are still using the almost obsolete intltoolize, then add the following line immediately before
autoreconf:

    intltoolize --force --copy --automake || exit 1

Those look like good changes, indeed. Feel free to update the wiki.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.