Re: Gettext; findLinuxBrowser

Hi Martin,

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Martin Sevior wrote:

My question is, it seems that Divifund sets up its own catalog directory under
the current working directory. Why not use the return value of
gettext.bindtextdomain()?

Thanks for your reply. Could you please share your insights on this question too? As this one was my primary question :)

gconf.client_get_default().get_string("/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command").split()[0]

Thanks for the hint Reinout. I was hoping to not depend on that usage of
gconf. I'll include "mozilla-firefox" in the search list.

Honestly, why wouldn't you want to use this method to retrieve the users' preferred browser? If this key isn't set / the gconf module isn't installed, then the search list is still available as a fallback option.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778