Gettext; findLinuxBrowser

Hi,

I was looking into Divifund in hopes that it could provide me with an example how to install gettext catalogs in a correct manner with Python, and have it work under all platforms.

My question is, it seems that Divifund sets up its own catalog directory under the current working directory. Why not use the return value of gettext.bindtextdomain()?

Also, I have a suggestion for the utilTools.findLinuxBrowser() method. Instead of just checking for executables (which already goes wrong with firefox, because the executable is called mozilla-firefox under Mandriva for trademark reasons), you could first do:

gconf.client_get_default().get_string("/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command").split()[0]

In short, this will retrieve the preferred browser under GNOME. The split()[0] is necessary to throw away any arguments for the executable name which may be present.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen