GTK+3.x (e.g. Firefox) scrollbar behaviour under KDE + other desktops

Hello,

Please pass this onwards to the KDE maintainers in your distribution.

I've written a blogpost to explain the changes made to gtk+3.x master as
well as xsettings-kde to align the GTK+3.x scrollbar behaviour under KDE
with Qt/GTK+2.x.

For this ~two (upstreamed + easily backportable) patches are needed:
1. https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=5cbc247c08129e3bad290d9cdc8e881f9105ac3b
2. https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=xsettings-kde.git&a=commit&h=fa3970dce66d9f19c52e5ed4777dea3bb723f982
plus the ";" brown paper bag fix:
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=xsettings-kde.git&a=commit&h=39bdabecd3f6a406135c2036adbfa4995197fff3

Further, please ensure xsettings-kde is used!

Feedback from 2 Mageia users:
| <R> is the firefox misbehaviour under gtk3 on cauldron fixed now?
| <M> yes, the scrollbar works fine, now

I wrote about these patches as well as pointers how desktop environments
can change gtk+ behaviour in the following blogpost:
https://blogs.gnome.org/ovitters/2016/01/26/perfect-storm-gtk3-x-behaviour-under-kde-and-firefoxs-move-to-gtk3-x/

Though always keep in mind I'm no expert.

--
Regards,
Olav