Non-free files in some versions of WebKitGTK+

A few days ago we discovered that some of the files included
in WebKitGTK+ are covered by a license that does not allow
redistribution.

The files affected are the Web Inspector images, located under
Source/WebInspectorUI/UserInterface/Images/.

The full text of the license can be read here:

   http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebInspectorUI/APPLE_IMAGES_LICENSE.rtf

In particular, clause 2 of the license states that "you may, in
connection with your development of WebKit, use the Apple Software
for personal use or internally within your business or organization"
but that "You may not redistribute the Apple Software, in whole or in
part" (with "Apple Software" meaning the Web Inspector images in this
context).

We have confirmed with Apple that our understanding of the situation
is correct, so we have proceeded to look for free replacements for all
the affected images.

 * We have released WebKitGTK+ 2.2.8, 2.4.6, 2.5.90 and 2.6.0 with the
   new set of images.

 * We have also fixed all the tarballs from the affected releases in
   the archive: 2.1.92 and the 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x and 2.5.x series.
   The new tarballs have an 'a' appended to the version number
   ("2.1.92a", "2.4.3a", etc) and have the non-free images removed or
   replaced with the free ones where possible, but are else identical
   to the old ones. The old tarballs are no longer available.

   http://www.webkitgtk.org/releases/

If you use any of the affected WebKitGTK+ releases, we urge you to
upgrade to a version without the non-free images.

We apologize for the situation, and would like to thank Dominique
Leuenberger from openSUSE for reporting this problem.

Best regards,

Alberto Garcia