Re: Fwd: gnome-keyring-manager is dead?

Sorry for the late response.  Note that Solaris is still shipping
gnome-keyring-manager with GNOME 2.24.  We are working to migrate
to seahorse, and hope to have this done by the GNOME 2.26 release
at the latest.  We do ship the latest gnome-keyring code, but haven't
yet migrated from gnome-keyring-manager to seahorse.

The migration to seahorse on Solaris has ended up taking a lot longer
than we expected because we needed to update several base libraries
(GnuTLS, libgcrypt) to support the latest gnome-keyring.  We also had to
integrate some new components that gnome-keyring depends on such as
libtasn1.

Also, we do not yet ship GnuPG and GPGME on Solaris, so we had to do a
fair bit of work to make building seahorse with those dependencies
optional.  Our long term hope is to integrate GnuPG and GPGME so those
seahorse features can be enabled, but this will likely take some
additional time.  I'd be surprised if that happens by GNOME 2.26, but
we should integrate seahorse without GnuPG and GPGME functionality by
2.26.

Brian

cc:ing Jeff Cai who is the engineer at Sun who is actually working on
seahorse/gnome-keyring, though he is on vacation this week.