Re: Migration of dia-list to GNOME Discourse instance

On Wed, 2020-10-21 at 02:43 +0300, Andrey Repin via dia-list wrote:
if you CBA to subscribe, I can't be any more helpful to deal with you
personally.

They are a volunteer coordinating the migration of dozens of lists, it's not
unreasonable they don't want to subscribe to lists they aren't otherwise
interested in (and they have been checking the archives to follow this thread)

I prefer all my daily feeds in one nice interface. Not in a ton of different
interfaces each with their own caveats. Not to mention, I don't have nearly
enough RAM to keep yet another browser tab open just to get prompt delivery
of the news feed. I have my mail server which is more than capable of playing
fetch.

You may not have noticed in all the replies on this thread: This is still
possible. Discourse sends emails for new threads and replies as well as
accepting new comments via email. The stumbling block is _starting_ threads via
email

So, you failed to configure the mailing list properly and opted to use
something entirely different instead?

Not sure how you came to this conclusion?

I wonder, what's wrong with Sourceware, Samba or postfix.org, if they are
still using mailing lists today. After 30+ years.

Different organisations with different requirements do different things on
different infrastructure for different reasons /shrug

Zander