Re: Dia xml format

Hello,

Am 21.02.19 um 19:21 schrieb Vahid Bashiri via dia-list:
Hi
I'd like to use the specific xml format of Dia in my application to
store diagrams. Because of the non GNU code I am using, I decided to
write my own code similar to Dia which is greatly inspired by it (but
not copied). My question is if I use the xml format, will I have a
licencing problem. Is the file format licenced GNU too or I can use it
in proprietary application?

what you are asking is, as far as I see a legal question, which I am not
qualified enough to answer. But I doubt very much this could be a problem.

However, leaving apart the legal question, this is also a moral
question: i.e. will the "Dia community" let me use Dia's XML format in a
proprietary product?

I interpret that as a question of whether you can write an application
that will be interoperable with Dia, which I think should not be met by
any resistance from the Dia community: it's good to be interoprable, to
be able to exchange data, with 3rd party software.

*t