Re: Dia internals and PDF import

On Thu, 2019-07-04 at 16:38 +0300, Liel Fridman via dia-list wrote:
No. There is a plugin that supports importing PDF files into dia. It was written using internal poppler stuff, which isn't that good, so I'm trying to improve it

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019, 16:35 Andrey Repin via dia-list, <dia-list gnome org> wrote:
Greetings, Liel Fridman via dia-list!

> As some of you may know, I'm working on the PDF import plugin.
> The glib API supports rendering to a cairo context, which I don't know how

Don't assume cairo is being used, quite often it isn't

Whilst Dia master now uses cairo to render on-screen the latest release doesn't and neither do most of the export plugin-ins

Dia abstracts rendering though the (admitedly less than ideal) DiaRenderer interface so that underlying logic (DiaObject etc) doesn't need to know about the output (display or otherwise) and neither do plugin-ins

> to get, and whether it's available in Dia. I also found the import renderer,
> but it is not intended to be used for that as far as I can tell.
> Any suggestions on how to continue from here?

Wait, are you trying to import PDF into Dia?
In which a way?

dia-list gnome org

https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url="">

FAQ at