Re: New user of Dia, but rather experimented in use of such tools, I have some questions

Hi Trebly,

<This is "The GNOME ... wiki, fill in the blank (the answer is at the bottom of the page)">
Seems understandable to anybody.
So I am not registered while I have spend a lot of time.

I agree that currently the GNOME wiki is out of date.  I think we either regain write access to it (I don't have either) or just move documentation to the source repository: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/dia

Zander, thoughts?

2- Menu : I could not find anyway to add icons to menu bar, is it not a feature ?

I have not found any "menu bar icons" into the help nor into parameters.

Is this on Windows or Linux?  On Windows the icons should work.  On Linux they don't work on my machine either.  Therefore, if you are referring to Linux, please feel free to submit an issue *with screenshot* at https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/dia/issues or even better, try to have a look into it.

3- I had to refresh very often the draw but access to redraw is difficult.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to?  You shouldn't have to refresh.  If you do, then maybe that is a bug as well?

4- Bug ? A "Bézier" which is around several elements (set into the lowest layer) reappear most of time quite on top
Again, if you think this is a bug, feel free to submit an issue.  Please make sure you add screenshots so that others can see what you are referring to.

5- Is it planned in development the "transparency of elements"
Some form of transparency is supported.  See samples/render-test.dia ( source: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/dia/tree/master/samples )  Otherwise, contributions welcome :-)

6- Search for adapt magnetism of junction points
That might be a good idea, but sorry, currently we just don't have the manpower to implement these features.  Help is welcome, but bare in mind we're currently trying to fix issues with the current version rather than add functionality.  New functionality will most likely be added against GTK3: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/dia/milestones

7- I try to write a comment with a different font (light) under a label of a box : do this feature exist ?
I don't think so, I think you will need to create a separate label for the different font?

I know these are not the best of answers, but I hope they will be of some form of help.  Others might be able to fill in the gaps.

Do come back if you have further questions.

Best,
Eduard

I have a sent the [support-requests:#126]

because the question to open an account

<This is "The GNOME ... wiki, fill in the blank (the answer is at the bottom of the page)">

Seems understandable to anybody.

So I am not registered while I have spend a lot of time.

2- Menu : I could not find anyway to add icons to menu bar, is it not a feature ?

I have not found any "menu bar icons" into the help nor into parameters.

3- I had to refresh very often the draw but access to redraw is difficult.

This needs currently to open the menu "display" and reach each time with the pointer the last option "refresh"

This icon should be useful into the "menu bar"

4- Bug ? A "Bézier" which is around several elements (set into the lowest layer) reappear most of time quite on top and a redraw is necessary each time an element which is visible inside this curve (not same layer and hight into layer stack) the curve (colored) jumps quite on top

5- Is it planned in development the "transparency of elements" like curves (which generally shows not formal groups)

6- Search for adapt magnetism of junction points : I currently works on a document (840 x 600 mm) reduced for a 17" screen. The handles to link arrows are perfectly visible but it is very difficult to attach the links lines to the handles without a zoom (which is graphically not necessary). It seems a magnetism adaptation (parameter) that I, may be, don't manage well.

7- I try to write a comment with a different font (light) under a label of a box : do this feature exist ?

If not : how to workaround

Note : I promise that in the future I will send separate questions.

Best regards

Trebly