Re: Python library for dia?

Do you mean export via a python script, as per my example? I’ve had others follow the steps I sent from my blog and it works for them.

Rob

On 14 May 2018, at 19:09, Yetoo Happy <yetoohappy gmail com> wrote:

I downloaded .97.2 for Windows and export to code doesn't work there either.

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 10:47 AM, Yetoo Happy <yetoohappy gmail com> wrote:
I'll try to work with this on Windows, but when I try to convert the dia file to code using dia2code 0.8.3 on Debian 9.4, nothing is generated. When I try to export to code (pydia python and pydia c++) on dia 0.97+git (also on Debian 9.4) I get files but no generated content, except for a comment for c++. I tried using the latest version of dia2code (1.0.0) from sourceforge on Linux, I still couldn't output anything. I see that other people are able to output files so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Are there objects that I am not or am supposed to place in my diagram or what?

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 5:56 AM, Björn Lundin <b f lundin gmail com> wrote:
On 2018-05-14 10:33, Rob Wortham wrote:

I don’t believe python plugins are supported on Linux, only on Windows, see http://dia-installer.de/howto/python_win32/index.html

Hmm, I wrote a plugin in python in Linux a few years back.
Details - I don't remember, but I found an object model
and a document describing it.
As I remember, it was just to write a script and place it in a plugin directory, and it turned up in the menues

I would start by reading
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Dia/Python

Björn