Re: Servers CISCO

You can record a dia file as shape with dia GUI.

You can also author a SVG file by hand, or use a SVG drawing program, such as Inkscape, while only a subset of SVG 1.1 is used, flat it (groups, viewports), then embed it in a dia ".shape" file with connexion points.

(see Dia [English] documentation for dia shape and sheet formats and GUI)

See also http://dia-installer.de/shapes/index.html.en

for other dia sheets, as dia is huge enough to not distribute dozens of non-programmatics shapes systematically.

I think a good effort for dia future would be to improve ".shape" format to handle shape programmatic modification : the shape "base" in the SVG namespace as it is done today, and "repeatable/modifiable dia element in dia namespace " attributes and connexion points placeholders, where it could use viewports.

Think of how UML is done today /in/ dia and how it could be done /with/ dia :-)

Best Regards,
Thomas