GTK difference git and 0.97.3 release

Hello List,

Sorry for the cryptic subject.
I have been trying to recompile dia from git but I get a real big difference in the dialog/properties windows (e.g table from the database sheet) between the git-compiled and the 0.97.3-compiled executable.

When I recompile from the released 0.97.3 tarball I get a really nice small checkbox [] for the boolean variables. But when I recompile from git I get a big ugly on/off button in my properties dialog widget for the same boolean variables.

My impression is that usually the git version has the more advanced options, so I must be doing something wrong. Question: how do I compile from git and still get the nice small checkboxes in the properties widget?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Robert.