Re: Fixed size custom shapes

Thank you very much for the responses. I have used the default-size
tag on each object. It works for me. :)

Again, very much appreciate  your replies.

Andy

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Michael Ross <michael e ross gmail com> wrote:
Andy,

This generally how Dia works: a general flexible, customisable method will
be implemented and applying the customisation is left to the user.

What ask for would restrict function.

You can probably create a work around. If you have a Dia that works for you,
where your shapes are the size you like when you place them, take note of
the preferences, page setup, and so on to create an empty Dia you can call
up as a starting point.

But the general implementation expects you will want to resize shapes.

You might explore using a grid and grid snap for getting sizes uniform on
the canvas.

There is one important feature of the Dia paradigm/work flow, you draw
without regard to absolute scale, getting things to look good, then you set
up the page or pages around it. There are functions for zooming and
scaling-they are not the same. Experimenting with them will be useful to see
how they work.

I should mention that I am not an expert creating shapes. I never liked how
that works. I draw things, group them and ungroup as needed, I often cut and
paste the groups to a "storage" Dia, then copy and paste them back into my
"working" Dia. The storage Dia is a tab of the viewport (as is the working
Dia) that functions almost like another set of shapes in the sheet palette.

Mike