Re: Adjusting canvas size

Randy,

I misspoke about paper size and margins.

The page breaks represent the printed area of a page WITH margins.
So a letter size page 8.5x11 (portrait)with 2 inch margins all round means the page breaks represent an area of (8.5-2-2) x (11-2-2) ==> 4.5x7.
Or a letter size landscape page of 11x8.5 with 5 inch margins the page breaks represent an area 10x7.5.

This way when your diagram covers more than one page you automatically get a print out you could tape together into a full size representation (with scaling applied).  You don't have to worry about losing any graphics.

0 inch margins would theoretically put your diagrams at the edges of the paper, but with vagaries of printing it is probably not perfectly dependable - but that is what Dia would be attempting to do.

Hopefully, this give you some ideas how to work with it.  It is completely flexible in this way if a little weird.  You should definitely experiment to see how it goes.

When printing I find the Cairo outputs are dependable, and pdf. YMMV.

Mike