Re: Modeling a friend class relation

Ale Strooisma <a strooisma student utwente nl> writes:

Hi all,

hello Ale,

I am creating all of the diagrams for my masters thesis in dia. This
includes some UML class diagrams. In one of those class diagrams I'd like
to indicate that one of the classes is a friend class an other one. I don't
think the UML standard defines a notation for this. Does anyone have an
idea what would be a nice way to model this? Or should I leave it out and
only mention it in the text?

I realize this question might be a bit off-topic, but I guessed this would
be one of the best places to get advice.

I don't think it's off topic :-)

Looks like a stereotype is a good idea:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10993139/depicting-friend-relationship-between-classes-in-uml
http://www.csci.csusb.edu/dick/samples/uml1b.html#Friendship

--> I would use an association connection named <<friend>>

It's up to you to decide whether you want to mention the friend relation
in the diagram, depending on whether it's relevant for the technology
you want to communicate with the diagram.

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter