Debugging Python scripts

I am trying to use Python scripting in Dia to export a hierarchical diagram in a specific format. I'm new to Python. I see that codegen.py is almost what I need, so I plan to take that as a starting point. Because I'm new to Python I'll need to iterate and learn to get this coded.

Just a couple of hopefully straightforward questions ...

1. Where does print send its data (for debugging)? It does not seem to send it to the Dia Python console. Where is stdout?
2. How can I get Dia to reload the script as I edit it. At the moment changes only seem to take effect if Dia is stopped and restarted.

Rob

--
Rob Wortham
PhD Student, Department of Computer Science