Re: Doubts about Dia Program

Hello,

Unfortunately, Microsoft is rather poor in supporting open standards.
Dia can export images in numerous formats, but the only one I find
useful is Ciaro PNG (with alpha) : PNG is the image format, Cairo the
library generating the image, and alpha means that you have transparency
(something I very often need).

PNG is a bitmap format, so resolution can be an issue. The process
behind it is very logical from a programmers point of view, but not at
all from a users point of view.

Goto:
  File > Page Setup : Scaling
and set Scale to 1000 or something for hires-images

Then:
  File > Export: Export Options: Cairo PNG (with alpha)

Success