Re: DIA extend properties

Am 01.04.2015 um 19:21 schrieb Yosua Alvin Adi Soetrisno:
Let me introduce myself I'm Yosua from Gadjah Mada University, I'm still on
progress working my master thesis. I'd like to develop OpenERP module based
on DIA OpenERP Interface.
After some googling I still don't know what Dia OpenERP interface you are referring to. IIRC once upon a time there was some EERP plug-in with Dia, but it had to be removed for license reasons.

The other thing I've found is a blog entry talking about a Dia plug-in installation _for_ OpenERP [1]. This seems to be interfacing Dia's
"UML - CLass" (the most complex object with Dia).

My problem is I can't extend default object
properties with custom data type like properties list.
Custom data types are only working for shapes, not for built-in objects
(again IIRC).

I want to ask how to  compile DIA with make, but there is some
customization in dispcallback.c  with include Python.h,
Did compilation work for you before you made your modification?
If so you might need some extra includes and libs in app/Makefile.am
to make your modification compile and link.
See plug-ins/python/Makefile.am for Python inclusion and linking.

A better solution would be to follow the existing design:
 - Python _scripts_ to be registered/invoked by the PyDia plug-in
   (see plug-ins/python/*.py for some working scripts)

i want to extend some right click properties with
custom Python GTK Window, so i linked it with C script
If this is just for your local version: happy hacking ;)

But if you want to contribute your modification back to the community you should take a different approach:
 - only the PyDia plug-in shall include Python headers and link Python libs
 - use the existing mechanism to register PyDia plug-ins dynamically
   - call dia.register_action() in your script
   - place the script into one of the python directories created
     during installation (i.e. ~/.dia/python IIRC)

Thanks before, I've referenced by Lars Causen to ask in mailing list
Welcome to Dia development. Don't hesitate to ask for further details if the source code or it's documentation are unclear.

Regards Yosua Alvin
HTH,
        Hans

[1] http://fheopenerp.blogspot.de/2011/09/dia-plug-in-installation-for-openerp-6.html